Custom Search

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Beagle Boy 2

I continued on my route to the school where my children would be waiting. My new acquaintance sat upright in the seat beside me. I was fairly certain that I had performed my civic duty for the week. He was surely a runaway and I would do my part to return him to his beloved owner. He was rather thin with a dull sticky coat. He had a dried sticky substance down his back resembling the stickiness of an old coke. Now that we were in closed quarters, my nose quickly detected the very strong and lingering odor of a skunk spray. I looked over at my new furry passenger with disgust and disbelief. I could swear to this day that he looked away in embarrassment. I would soon learn that despite smell and appearances, I was now in the company of a gentleman.

I surmised that fate had brought us together. After all, I would be the one whose hard work and dedication would reunite this pup with his people. It was at that moment that my oldest son, Bryce, about 10 yrs old then, jumped in the car with the exclamation, "A BEAGLE!!! I've been praying that we would get a beagle!"
Now I must say that at that moment, I was slightly unnerved. I had no intention of keeping this skunk hound in my home for any more than a few days. A prayer warrior, I knew the power of prayer. I knew that God likes to grow the faith of His little children by answering their prayers. This would definitely complicate matters.

1 comment: